Our annual meetings are usually 2-½ days and provide members with the opportunities to:
attend lectures by transferware researchers;
exchange information on new discoveries;
meet the authors of recent publications;
visit important collections which are often not open to the general public, often with guided tours by docents or others with specific knowledge of the collections;
attend a transferware-exclusive show and sale, probably the most transferware available for purchase, anywhere, at any one time;
bid on exceptional transferware pieces (the auction proceeds benefit the TCC);
attend the annual business meeting, with opportunities to learn more about TCC activities and plans, and elect officers;
and have a great time in a relaxed atmosphere with fellow transferware enthusiasts.
Our meetings commonly include bus trips to transferware-related sites and collections which otherwise would not be accessible to our members. We usually enjoy a special "optional day" with even more exciting visits to interesting sites and collections. Past meetings are summarized below.
You must be a TCC member to register for the annual meeting. If you are not currently a member, you will be able to include your membership payment along with your registration.
2017 Annual TCC Meeting in Phoenix, Arizona October 19-22
This year’s meeting will present a kaleidoscope of
British transferware patterns, sources, shapes, & sherds! See list of activities and the great lecture lineup.
2016 Annual Meeting Oct 23-26
by Stephanie Hallinan, Carolyn Horlacher, and Betsy Sweeny*
The 17th annual TCC meeting was held in Charlottesville, Virginia, October 23-26 2016. This year’s participants experienced a number of lectures by TCC members, including guest lectures by TCC members who are historical archaeologists working in Central Virginia at the presidential homes of James Madison and Thomas Jefferson. This combination of collectors, dealers, and researchers provided a well rounded conference where everyone was able to learn from one another. The meeting was organized by Leslie Bouterie, ably assisted by her husband, Larry. Download report. Larry has posted amazing photos of the meeting, available here. * TCC Annual Meeting Scholarship recipients Archived information.
2015 Annual Meeting – October 15 - 21
Special Tour to England
Loren Zeller has prepared a vibrant summary report of the Special England Meeting and Tour, loaded with wonderful images photographed by Loren and by Larry Bouterie. The event was organized by Loren and Pat Halfpenny. Read the report. View images.
2014 Meeting -- October 16--19
Mendenhall, Pennsylvania / Winterthur
Fantastic 15th meeting at Winterthur organized by DeeDee Dodd and Karen Beare. Read the meeting report, again prepared by Kurt O’Hare with input from Judie Siddall, David Hoexter, and Loren Zeller. Read the report.
2013 Meeting -- October 17-20
Ably assisted by David Hoexter, Loren Zeller, and Judie Siddall, Kurt O'Hare has prepared a lively account -- filled with wonderful images -- of the 14th Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts. Read the report.
2012 Meeting -- October 18-21
2011 Meeting -- October 20-23
2011 Annual Meeting Bulletin
October 2010 Meeting:
Durham, New Hampshire
2010 Annual Meeting Bulletin:
October 2009 Meeting:
2008 Meeting: Williamsburg, Virginia
Complete description | Center Spread
2007 Meeting: Hartford, Connecticut
Complete description | Optional day.
2006 Meeting: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2005 Meeting: Phoenix, Arizona
2004 Meeting: Sturbridge, Massachusetts
2003 Meeting: Stoke-on-Trent, England
2002 Meeting: Pennsylvania/Winterthur
2001 Meeting: Monterey, California
2000 Meeting: Durham, New Hampshire
Host a Regional Meeting. Meeting Guidelines.
- West Coast Regional Meeting Saturday May 11, 2013. More information.
- California Regional Gathering Saturday May 21, 2011: More information. Photos and additional information.
- Northern California informal regional meeting, June 6-7, 2009. Northern California Regional Meeting: 31 TCC members and guests enjoyed a day of fun, food and transferware at the home of Margie and Kent Williams.
Regional meetings encourage the study and enjoyment of transferware and help establish a network of friends with similar interests. Collectors are encouraged to host private meetings in their area.
Organizers of these local/regional meetings are advised of the following TCC guidelines:
- All funding will be at the host's and/or their invitee's own expense.
- Meetings are independent of the Transferware Collectors Club, and the TCC is not and will not be responsible in any way for the conduct, expense, or any legal obligations associated with such events that may arise.
- These events may not be scheduled during the 3 months prior to the annual TCC meeting.
- Organizers are encouraged to inform other members of regional meeting activities by sending meeting reports to the editors of the TCC Bulletin and Web site
- Upon request by regional meeting organizers, mailings must be approved and coordinated by a TCC Board Member with the assistance of the club's Membership Chair. Send meeting proposals to email@example.com